(More) Things That Bother Me
15. People that don’t offer a salutation to fast food cashiers before rhyming off what they want. “Hello sir.” “I wanna... Big Mac with extra onions with Biggie fries and a Coke.” “Me sir? I’m fine. Thank you for asking.”
16. Please don’t finish our consumer/service provider interaction with a soured attitude just because I don’t want to try your apple fritters, fries, salads, or doughnuts with that.
17. Open concept Dentists offices. The only thing more pathetic than lying splayed out on some guy’s Lazy Boy is being able to look around and see a bunch of other bodies all splayed out around like you’re in a morgue prep room.
18. Optometrists and Chiropractors making you call them “Doctor”. Do you have an M.D.? Do you have a PhD? If I need an emergency tracheotomy, are either of these guys going to be able to do that? No? Then don’t call yourself a doctor. You’re confusing people.
19. Being given homework by the elementary school I attended 25 years ago through my kids who now go there. I don’t feel the educational progress of my child should be facilitated (or limited) by my ability (or lack thereof) to help them do the projects they are assigned at school. You want me to sew what? In French? Not likely.
20. Banks that punish you for not using the automated teller by providing curt or condescending service.
21. Grocery store cashiers that make you feel bad for choosing their line to pass your groceries because it’s near the end of their shift or because you have a full cart of groceries.
22. Grocery stores that offer sales but haven’t updated the scanner at the checkout, making you pay the full price.
23. Grocery stores that make you go to customer service even though you noticed immediately that the price the cashier just rang up was not the sale price.
24. Grocery store customer service employees that ignore you until they’ve run out of every possible thing they could be doing besides helping you.